Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Jesus



Christmas is here! Christmas is here!!! what does that mean??? lets face it, in this day and age, the "Holiday" season is often a whirlwind of events that center around just about everything BUT Jesus! it may come as a shock to some....but Christmas is more than Santa and snowmen, more than cookies and Gingerbread houses, more than turkey and ham, and dare i say it.......more than beautifully wrapped gifts to ME(*insert gasp here). But alas, tis' true. It's the day we honor and acknowledge the birth of my Savior, my King. so in the midst of all the holiday fuss, i want to take the time to simply say, "happy birthday, Jesus."

So long ago, in a tiny manger a baby was brought into this world who would become the savior to all. I have heard the argument before that it is insulting to think that man would ever need saving by some celestial being because we are our own saviors. But, speaking for myself i can say that i most definetly beyond a shadow of a doubt need saving... daily......from myself. To know my god loves me so much that He would send His most precious treasure of all, His one and ONLY son, to come to my rescue leaves me breatheless and at a loss for words.

 Speaking truthfully, as a mother, i don't think i could ever give up ANY of my children to save a people so undeserving. I am selfish and i know that. i am greatful that my God is not. It seems easy enough to send a Savior into the world. A precious little baby, with rosy cheeks and dimpled hands. An infant who see's the wonder in the most simple of things. a newborn so sweet smelling and so small. But the thing is this: that little baby, more angelic then earthly grew up. He became a man, of flesh and of blood. And that man bore an unbearable pain and faced most certain death.... fully aware that He was dying for a sinner. Named Miranda.

Shut. The. Front. Door.

That is reason enough. But not only did/does He save me. He LOVES me. inspite of shortcomings and flaws. And so even though i give thanks daily, today; Christmas day I can truely make the greatest of efforts to acknowlege that Man. To not only say happy birthday but to say Thank you. Thank you for CHOOSING to be made man. Even at infantcy, your greatness and deity were recognized....so was your death, in the gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh. You knew You would not stay that little babe forever. that you would indeed be wrongfully punished and crucified. and still You came. Thank you Lord, I love you. Happy Birthday.





1 comment:

  1. P.S. I nominated Moving in slow motion for the Liebster Blog Award, check it out here :)http://bingawifeandmom.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    chirstina

    ReplyDelete